School Image School Image School Image School Image School Image School Image School Image School Image School Image School Image School Image School Image School Image School Image School Image School Image

The social condition of the area consisting Kuttichira, Idiyangara, Parappil and Kundungal of Calicut City had never allowed the Muslim girls to attain education at secondary level. The conservative outlook of the activities of the families of the area was a major hindrance for the girls to get admission in the mixed schools of the neighbouring area. So the higher education was a distant dream for the girls in the area.

. In order to get rid of such a tragic situation some special activists of the area worked hard for the establishment this reputed institution. In such a social situation Mr. P. P. Hassan Koya made a dramatic declaration in a public meeting that he is ready to donate five thousand rupees (at the time of his declaration 1000 coconut costs only six rupees) to anybody who would set up a school for girls in this area. Social activities of the locality Mr. C. P. Kunhahmmed, Mr. S. Imbichikoya, Mr. Kilsigandathu Hassan Koya, expressed their willingness to set up a school.

This was actually the beginning of our school. It was started on 4thAugust 1958 in the veranda of Kurutholamuttam House. At that time it was a single teacher school with only 6 students. Mrs. Ummukulsu teacher discharged the functions of both Headmistress and teacher. Mr. C.P. Kunhahmmed was the founder manager and Mr. Sayed Alavi Giffry was the first President. Mr. Haji. S. Imbichikoya, Mr., K. Hassan Koya, Mr. Haji P.A. Kunhahamad Kutty were also the founders of the school.

The foundation stone in the 35 cents land donated by Mr. A. K .Kunhimayin Haji was laid by Mr. P. P. Hassankoya. Mrs. Fathima Rehman of Ernakulam inaugurated the school. It was in 1959 that the school began functioning in the present building. At that time the total enrolment of students were 26. There was a school bus also. The school was upgraded as High School on 01st June 1962. It was inaugurated by Mr. P. P. Ummerkoya the Minister and Member of the Managing Committee. In the year 1966 out of 18 students who appeared for the SSLC Exam 3 students came out successfully.

Vocational Higher Secondary School was started in the year 1992. It aims to facilitate quality education and practical training to students in various trades. 120 students are undergoing MLT and MOBE courses. The Vocational Higher Secondary section has been maintaining outstanding results every year and it is one of the best Vocational higher secondary schools in Kerala. Mirna Farhana, Shahala Mariyam and Chanchal Vijayan secured 2nd ranks (Science Group) in the VHS Exams during 2001, 2002 and 2003 respectively. Mrs. P.M. Sreedevi (Vocational Teacher in MLT) bagged the NCERT National Award for the best Vocational Teacher in the year 2002.

The Higher secondary School commenced in the year 2000. 317 students are undergoing in Humanities and Science group. The higher secondary section has put in much higher performance in academics and other related fields. Qualified and Resourceful teaching faculty engage the students in acquisition of knowledge and quality students.

The school has been striving to impart value based quality education emphasizing on life and character formation of the students. In addition to that effective channelisation of co curricular activities is being done. Students are guided and assisted by the teachers. The school has notable achievements in Extra-curricular activities including arts and sports. The school has been winning “Oppana” in the State Youth Festival for many years in a row. The Oppana Artists of the school visited Soviet Union to perform Oppana as part of the cultural Exchange programme of India and Soviet Governments. In Kho - kho the School team has been winning championships.

The total students’ strength of the school is 2300. At present there are 98 teachers and 7 non-teaching staff in the School. Most of the students of our school belong to the backward coastal area of Calicut city. Despite the several handicaps the school has been maintaining good results. In 2007 the pass percentage was 96% which is the record SSLC pass percentage of the school.

The school which began with the objective of the education Muslim girls has now become a symbol of pride for the entire locality. Our Manager Mr. K. V. Kunhammed Koya, Plus Two principal Mrs. C.P. Amina, VHSE Principal Mrs. Sreedevi P.M. and the PTA presidents Mr. M.K Abdul Sadik are leading the institution.

The Academic year 2007-2008 turned as a glittering year for our school because it is our Golden jubilee year. Several programmes like Exhibitions, Seminars, Medical camps, Educational sessions, Cultural programmes etc… were held as a part of our Golden Jubilee celebration. N S S played a great role in organising the programmes.

The NSS units of our school organized several programmes and also participated in various camps. The units are under the charge of programme officers Mr. Swabir K R under the guidance of the NSS Programme co-ordinator Mr. E.Fasi (Directorate of VHSE). Our volunteers participated the leadership training camp conducted for the NSS  volunteers at Youth Hostel, East Hill, Calicut. Our Seven days special camp conducts during Christmas vacation. NSS unit of VHSE bagged two state level awards in 2013, and 2014.

News & Events

NRHM Teens Club Classes
04-02-2015, 10:30AM to 4PM
by Dr Latheef, & Dr Asha Devi
©2012 poms technologies pvt. ltd. all rights reserved |